Top 3 blueberry recipes
Blueberry Sandwich “Holly Berry”
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- ½ cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- 1 package of spinach
- 1/3 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Mix berries, vinegar and sugar.
- Place the mixture to the saucepan and cook on medium heat and wait until it starts boiling. Stir the mix on heat and press crash berries with a spoon. When the mix reaches boiling point, boil it for 5 minutes. Let it cool for 1hour.
To create a sandwich, place mozzarella then blueberry sauce, then spinach.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
For pie crust:
2 cups of flour
1 cup of cubed butter
6 tbsp. very cold water
2 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste
2 cups of light cheese cream
½ cup of sour cream
½ cup of white sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp. starch
1 tbsp. of freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp. milk or cream
A little salt
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, salt.
- Take butter and mix it well with flour. Add cold water, sprinkling it on the top of dough.
- Make a large ball, and divide it into two parts. Make 2 discs and chill it in the fridge in plastic wrap for 30 min.
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190C).
- Roll out discs to make circles. The pan should be a bit smaller to make the sides and trim the edges.
- Prick the crust with a fork numerously on bottom and sides. Use the weights on the parchment while baking to make a good crust.
- Bake with weights for 12 minutes and then 5 minutes without them.
- Remove from the oven and let it chill.
- To create the pie filling: beat cream cheese for 3 minutes to creamy consistency on medium speed. Toss sugar (1/2 cup), salt, lemon zest, vanilla to it. Add an egg and beat another 2 minutes.
- Place the filling mix on the crust.
- Mix blueberries with sugar (1/4 cup), lemon juice and starch. Spread this mixture on top of cheese cream mixture evenly.
- Whisk the second egg and milk. Use this mixture to brush the pie edges and braid that decorates the pie on top.
- Baking time is about 45 minutes. The pie is ready when the top is set.
- Chill for a couple of hours in room temperature and then set aside in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Party Blueberry Lemonade “Let’s Dance”
For blueberry syrup:
- 2 ½ cups of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 lb (450 g) of sugar
- 25 lemons
- 7 cups of water
- wedges of lime or slices of lemon for garnish
- fresh mint for garnish
- In order to prepare the syrup, place blueberries, sugar and concentrated lemon juice into a pan and bring it to boil. Keep on stirring while you boil the syrup. Simmer the syrup for 20 minutes.
- Use the strainer to strain the berries from the syrup. Chill syrup in the refrigerator.
- Combine 2 cups of water and sugar and stir it until it entirely dissolves in the water.
- Squeeze all 25 lemons add another 2 liters of water.
- Add syrup or water according to the taste. Serve the drink with lots of ice, strings of fresh mint leaves and wedges of lime.